Friday, May 2, 2008

Headline: Luckadoo family to enter the hood

My family leaves for London in 19 days. Yesterday, I checked my email (ok, I am perpetually checking my email, so by checked, I mean I was staring at my inbox and one came in), and my dad had written to ask if my sister and I would be interested in going to see one more show while we are there (we are already going to see Wicked and The Lion King). He included a link to the Ticketmaster page, and when I read the description, I almost fell out of my chair.

Here it is:
"Don't miss the theatrical event of the year - the likes of which has never been seen before in the West End.

Into the Hoods is a fabulous fusion of fairytales, groovy tunes, wicked dance moves and cool movies, performed by the multi-talented and critically-acclaimed `ZooNation'. Originating at Sadler's Wells, the show has been the smash-hit of the last two Edinburgh Fringe Festivals.
Featuring music from Gorillaz, Massive Attack, Prince, Basement Jaxx, Stevie Wonder, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, James Brown, Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Black Eyed Peas, Bob Marley, The Chemical Brothers, and many more.

"Into the Hoods is a family-friendly musical full of wicked old skool, R&B and Mo-town grooves that'll leave you spinnin' on your head." - Sunday Times

"The staging is witty and fun. Best of all is the music - a fantastic compendium of soul, funk and pop numbers, plus all the most irresistible hip hop jams from the past 20 years" - Daily Telegraph

"***** It's standing ovation stuff." - Metro"

I think that last line pretty much sums it up.

Anyway, I thought he must be kidding, because he likes to do that. Quite frequently. And, while I often make my mom listen to K 97.5 with me in the car and I think she likes it, this sounds like the last thing my parents would choose to do on our vacation.

So I didn't write back or anything, then this morning I wake up and see this email from my dad:

fromDad
tomcluckad@ncsu.edu, kcluckad@ncsu.edu, deblucknc@aol.com,
dateFri, May 2, 2008 at 8:53 AM
subjectGot Tickets

I just got four tickets to Into the Hoods. It looks like a great show. Our seats are excellent...in the very front section. We got tickets that are normally 39.50 pounds ( $79) for 10 pounds. So, instead of $316, we spent $80. I checked the site five minutes after I ordered ours and they were all gone.


HAHAHAHAAH.

It's going to be the best day of our lives. I can't believe it.

1 comment:

alison said...

HAHAHAHAHA
into the hoods
like into the woods
but ghetto
awesome