Friday, June 13, 2008

Guess what doods: I'm going to be famous! I received an email last night asking if I would like to be featured in the video for New Student Orientation, so of course I said YES. This could be my big break, you know? I'm going to be filmed on Monday, so I'll spend the weekend practicing for my close up, for sure. 

I'm supposed to talk about my Campus Involvement which I hope doesn't translate to a Rambling List Of All The Ways In Which I Gave Up Any Free Time I Ever Had, As Well As My GPA. Then all the new freshmen will recognize me as I'm running across campus (I'm sure) and say, "Hey! There's that really busy girl! I remember her from the orientation video!" 

Also, have you ever heard yourself on film and thought your voice sounded like that of an alien? I sure have. Once, in the ninth grade, my mom decided to make a video for my grandfather's birthday. She videotaped me in the living room saying something like "Heyyy Happy Birthday!" and some other things. But, it wasn't like we just mailed it to him. We went to visit, and then had to sit and watch with him.  As we watched, I wondered how anyone had ever stood to hear me talk, ever. Same sort of thing when I was recorded rapping Tupac's "Changes" my freshman year. 

Ok, it's time for me to go work on my script. I'll let you know when copies of the video go on sale. They'll make perfect stocking stuffers! 

1 comment:

Hannah said...

totally agree! how do you stand my voice?! we can be awesome ncsu featured buddies. i'm supposed to be on the admissions website at some point. i got to do a photo shoot with a tree. finally all that antm i watch came in handy.