Monday, June 2, 2008

I've returned, begrudgingly, to office-land after a long break. Even though I got plenty of sleep, ran this morning, and ate a balanced and complete breakfast, I feel as though half of my brain is here at this desk and the other half is floating some two feet above me. Plus my body is sort of numb? This can't be good. It sounds like I'm describing some acid trip or something. Not that I even know what an acid trip is like. Just sayin'. 

After getting back Friday, I worked my first two shifts alone at Royal Bean this weekend. I completed the Miss Frizzle checklist on both occasions (take chances, make mistakes, get messy!!) And no one got really upset with me or threw coffee at me or anything like that. But on second thought, I'm not sure if I really took chances. Whatever, you get what I mean.

Now I'm sitting here trying to write Podcast scripts at work, which is a more interesting task than most I do here, but it's been going something like this: 

Topic: Apply to be an RA

I type: Sample script: Would you like to (cursor blink, blink, blink, blink) (backspace backspace backspace etc.)

Then I type: Do you like (cursor blink, blink, blink, Maggie starts reading Gawker, blink)

I just need coffee, that's all. 

Lastly, you know how in Legally Blonde, there's that UPS guy (who happens to look like Mel Gibson) that that one lady has a huge crush on? (bend, and snap!) Well, we totally have the same thing going on here. That UPS guy in his little brown outfit seems to put some people around here in a fluster. He even sort of looks like the guy in the movie, except he has these annoying mirrored sunglasses. He's nice enough, though.

No comments: